Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kicks and Cramps!

Here we are!
24 weeks of love later, and let me tell you, one of the most amazing feelings I have ever had is the feeling of a kick or kicks inside of me. It is the most curious, exciting, surprising and scary at the same time. Right now, the kicks are getting stronger and more active, usually at nights when is most active, perhaps because of all the motion during the day as I have not slowed down for a bit yet. I am still working, running all over the place and Thank God, I have energy for the both of us but when the kicks come, it really make you to "Stop" for a second to realize that is not about you anymore, but about something inside of you, and every time that happens to me, I am aware how marvelous human body is and what is capable to do and handle and that you are alive.
For the Cramps,, WOW! I have been feeling them since my 13 week and it is just on my calves and it happens very often at least every other day, usually at night. They are not the best feelings I tell you know and they are very uncomfortable as I am on my deepest dreams and suddenly "Bingo" in the middle of the night.. the leg cramps are there to awake you up out of the blue for a few seconds.. just to say the least that there is nothing glamorous about Leg Cramps.
If you also went through that somehow or now what it causes, please let me know.
But still lets keep the stilettos and Everything in the name of Beauty, right?

3 comments:

Isa mami said...

Cris, nao se preocupe com as caimbras, tudo vai passar em breve. Curta cada momento deste barrigao lindo pois, depois vc vai sentir uma falta de ser paparicada e as pessoas na rua nao vao mais te olhar como olham hoje, com um olhar doce. Eu digo que as gravidas vivem numa bolha de luz, pois, todo mundo que olha pra gente sorri. Aproveita e curta esse momento unico. Bjo

Rosa Icela said...

What an awesome site Cris, it is wonderful to know that everything is going well without bothering you with the same questions we all must be asking!
Are we still on for going baby shopping? Please let me know while you can still walk! (Just kidding...)
Sorry to hear about the cramps, I had them even while taking potassium supplement and eating bananas, which they say helps.
You look wonderful in the pics! Maybe instead of Chic Mama you should name your site Sexy Chic Mama!
Besos,
Rosa Icela

Andrea said...

Cris! LEG CRAMPS--Take Magnesium. A high quality brand. Go to whole foods or to a vitamin store. Magnesium will help a lot. You can try a magnesium/calcium blend too.

Andrea